Saturday, June 8, 2013

Stephanie's Rigatoni Macaroni

This is my beautiful sister in law, Stephanie's, recipe. She made it when she and her husband (Jon's brother) Taylor first started dating and it quickly became a Brown family favorite! The only change I made to her original recipe is subbing gluten free pasta. It's quick, easy and delicious...my 3 favorite things when it comes to cooking dinner! Jon had 2 huge plates of this and declared it amazing. It made plenty for the two of us, plus leftovers for lunch. It's definitely going in the dinner rotation often! Thanks Steph!


What you need
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, diced
- 12 oz GF pasta (I used little spirals)
- 1 tub Alouette garlic and herb cheese
- 1 C milk (I used almond)
- 1/2 C sundried tomatoes, diced
-  2 C broccoli (I used frozen florets)
- Salt and pepper to taste










Directions

- Cook pasta according to directions and drain. Set aside

- Cook broccoli and set aside

- Dice up your chicken and tomatoes. *You can cook your own chicken if you want. I'm still having trouble seeing and cooking raw chicken so I took a shortcut.*




- In a large pot, combine milk, cheese, tomatoes and a pinch of pepper. Over medium heat, stir until the cheese is melted



- Add the pasta, broccoli and chicken to the cheese sauce. Stir gently to coat and taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.



- Top with parmesan cheese and serve!


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment