Wednesday, June 5, 2013

32 Weeks

I'm officially 8 months pregnant! Only 8 weeks left to go until we meet our Joshua! I've been so surprised (and grateful!) at how quickly this pregnancy has gone so far! I'm sure that these last 8 weeks will feel like an eternity.

I got some wonderful news at my last dr's appointment...I passed my 3 hour glucose test! YAY! This was such a huge relief. I know that gestational diabetes is manageable but I was praying praying praying that I wouldn't have to manage it :) Thank you Lord! My doctor also said that my belly is measuring around 29-30 cm which is pretty much on track and I've gained 18 (!!) pounds so far. I'm hoping my weight gain stays normal! Joshua's heartbeat was around 154 and steady. He was head down at my appointment and his knees and feet were on my right side up by my ribs, but she said he may still move around quite a bit at this point.

This week I've developed a couple new symptoms. I'm still battling major heartburn. Nobody does heartburn like a pregnant woman! And the other day my ankles swelled for the first time. Now by the end of the day, especially if I'm on my feet a lot my feet will get swollen, but they are back to normal in a couple hours once I put them up for a little while. I'm feeling pretty uncomfortable these days, especially when Josh constantly moves around in my ribs. It literally feels like they are slipping out of place. So strange! I'm having occasional BH contractions but nothing too painful or uncomfortable.

This week we are hoping to establish with a pediatrician and I'm starting to think through what to pack for the hospital. Jon has also been on the phone with our insurance making sure everything is in order for our hospital stay. This is also my last month on the worship team at our church for a while. I'm definitely losing my breath a lot while singing now so it's about time to be done :)

Here's a picture of Josh and Mom at 32 weeks!


This is one of my dearest friends, Janelle, who is also pregnant with a little boy, Silas. We are 10 weeks apart and are already planning on our boys being best buddies!



How far along: 32 weeks + 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: + 18 lbs 
Maternity clothes: Yes and enjoying them!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleep has been hit or miss. I always wake up at least once and lately heartburn has been waking me up/keeping me awake.
Best moment this week: Hearing Josh's heartbeat and spending time with my bump buddy Janelle!
Miss anything: Being able to move around and bend over easily. This belly is getting in the way!  
Movement: Lots of movement! He rolls and jabs and gets the hiccups at least once a day.
Food cravings: Really nothing this week. Although I do count on getting my black tea lemonade from Starbucks everyday!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn is getting to the point of making me feel like I'm going to throw up, but otherwise I'm doing pretty good with food.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I feel very round and jolly!
Gender: Man Child!
Labor Signs: Some Braxton Hicks and some random crampy type pain. My doctor said now that I'm producing relaxin that I will feel more pressure and soreness.
Symptoms: Heartburn is still the worst one. I'm also getting some back/hip pain and my ankles are swelling when I'm on my feet a lot. 
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I start to get overwhelmed a little when I think of what still needs to get done before he comes!
Looking forward to: Our maternity pictures next week and my baby shower in a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I had gestational diabetes while carrying Jon and wasn't diagnosed until carrying Taylor. I then learned how to manage. Soooo glad you don't have it!! May these last 8 weeks be filled with much joy and peace :). Love you!

    ReplyDelete