Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Crockpot Honey Garlic Chicken

This is a fantastic fix it and leave it recipe. I don't make too many things in the crockpot but this one is easy and delicious and doesn't take a lot of prep time. The husband really likes this recipe also and has already asked for it again. I also made this ahead of time and kept it in the freezer until I was ready to make it. Just combine all the ingredients in a gallon freezer bag and when you're ready to make it, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and then add to the crockpot. So easy! Enjoy!

What you need
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 C GF soy sauce
- 1/2 C ketchup
- 1/3 C honey
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp dried basil










Directions


- Wash and dry chicken pieces and place in crockpot. You could use chicken breasts if you want, but I like the flavor of the thighs in this recipe.

- Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl


- Whisk together and pour over the chicken



- Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring every 2 hours



- Serve and enjoy! I served ours with brown rice and sautéed spinach. Yum!



2 comments:

  1. I need easy fix dinners! Thank you- this one looks yummy too!! I've been hungry for your lettuce wraps too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with how well it tasted for so little effort, and Jon said the leftovers were good too :) I'm gonna have to make lettuce wraps now that you've mentioned them! I could eat those daily!

      Delete