Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Basil Chicken Stir Fry

Hello readers! I'm sorry about the lack of posts lately! I just returned from a fabulous girls only trip with my mom in New York City. We had the best time and I will be attempting to duplicate some of the wonderful things we ate there. Until then, here's a recipe for you that I threw together and turned out well! I love when that happens. Best of all, the husband enjoyed it and requested it again. I also love when that happens. This recipe was loosely based on my recipe for lettuce wraps. You can find the full recipe for those here. Hope you enjoy it!

What you need
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/2 of a large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Assorted vegetables (I used broccoli, snow peas, carrots and green pepper)
- 2 1/2 T gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 T water
- 1 T creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 T honey
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 can diced water chestnuts
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, chopped


Directions

- Do all your prep work first, this cooks fast! (chop the onion, cut up the chicken and chop your vegetables if necessary)

- Heat 1 tsp sesame oil in a large skillet or wok

- Add the chicken, onion and garlic




- Add a handful of salt and pepper



 - Once the chicken is cooked through, stir in your vegetables



- Cook for a few minutes, just to soften the vegetables



- In a microwave safe bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, peanut butter, rice wine vinegar and honey. Microwave for 20 seconds and then stir well



- Pour the sauce over the chicken and vegetable mixture. Add the basil and water chestnuts and stir



- I topped ours with some chopped green onion and chopped peanuts. Serve over rice and enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment