Thursday, February 23, 2012

Something Sweet

Hey everyone!
Sorry I haven't been posting very often lately. I'm hoping to get in the habit of posting more often. I have a really great recipe for you guys to try today (or tomorrow, or the next day...but today would be best because it is SO yummy.) I made these cookies for a bridal shower recently and they got high praise...even from gluten lovers! And more importantly, my hubby liked them as well...so this recipe went straight to the "must make again" pile. Hope you enjoy them!

Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (adapted from Martha Stewart)


What you need
(makes approx. 36 cookies)
 - 2 C creamy peanut butter
 - 3/4 C white sugar
 - 1/2 C agave nectar
 - 1 tsp baking power
 - 1/2 tsp salt
 - 2 eggs, lightly beaten
 - 3/4 C milk chocolate chips
 - 3/4 C butterscotch chips
 - 1 C roasted, lightly salted peanuts

(Note: If you don't have agave nectar just increase the white sugar to 1 1/2 C. You can also use only chocolate chips, I just didn't have enough so I added the butterscotch)

Directions 
 - Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, agave nectar, baking powder, salt and eggs. Stir until smooth.
 - Add in your baking chips and peanuts. Fold in until combined.
 - Scoop out dough using a Tablespoon and roll into balls.

- Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart.


- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown on top.


 - Enjoy!
These really are delicious and SO easy. I was very impressed with how well they hold up especially with the absence of any kind of flour. As I mentioned before, you could easily leave out the agave nectar and butterscotch chips if you don't have it or don't prefer it. I like using agave nectar when I can because it absorbs in your body more slowly than regular sugar and therefore prevents the blood sugar peaks and drops. You can't omit the white sugar completely in this recipe though because the dough will be too runny (I learned that the hard way!)

I hope you enjoy these! Bonus: These will make your house smell like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup...mmmmm!!!

Have a great weekend! Look for my granola recipe on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment