Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Product Review

This past weekend was such a blur! One of my dearest friends, JJ, got married! YAY! The wedding was absolutely beautiful and it was such an honor to stand beside her as a bridesmaid. Here is a picture of us at the rehearsal dinner. Love you friend!


I have 2 great products to share with you today! My mom is the one who found them both for me (thanks Mom!) Both of these have also gotten rave reviews from the husband...and that's good enough for me! Hope you get to try them soon!

The first are these wonderfully yummy Rice Works Chips. I found them at Publix next to the rice cakes. They had 3 kinds (sea salt, salsa, and parmesan w/sun dried tomato). The only thing is that they are a little pricey for the amount you get (but that's true with all GF things right?) Publix had them on sale for 2 for $4.00 which isn't terribly expensive if you can make them last! We almost ate an entire bag yesterday! I think my favorite thing about these is that they aren't made from corn, but brown rice! Which is healthier for you and a nice change from the usual tortilla chips.





The second product is a blend of brown rice and quinoa that my mom found at Costco. She has been suggesting that we try it for a while now but I hadn't gotten around to making it until last night. I don't know about you but the first time I made quinoa it turned out awful. It tasted fine but the texture was pretty mushy and gross and I couldn't get past it. Plus it took forever to cook. The husband however, who will eat basically anything, wolfed it down and continued to take the leftovers for lunch the next 2 days. So, I was a bit apprehensive at trying to make quinoa again, and especially "pre-packaged only takes 90 seconds in the microwave" quinoa. But, this honestly blew my socks off...ok so I wasn't wearing socks but if I had been they would've been blown off. SO good and amazing texture. One bag was enough for the husband and I plus leftovers for him the next day. And the preparation couldn't be any easier. You tear the bag open, pop it in the microwave for 90 seconds and then serve. Love it. And it's certified organic...can't beat that! These come in a 4-pack at Costco for around $8.00. The great thing about quinoa if you've never tried it before is that it is full of protein and surprisingly filling. I served this as a side dish to Italian chicken and green beans last night for dinner. Yum!


Check back tomorrow for my granola recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment