Monday, July 8, 2013

36 Weeks and Josh's Baby Shower

Sorry this is a little late! I'm actually 37 weeks now but I haven't had time to post this until now!

Another week down in our countdown to Josh's big day! We are 36 weeks this week and boy are we ready to meet our little man! We are (finally) in July, which hopefully will be Josh's birth month! I can't believe it's here! Most of the things on our "to do" list are done, we just need to pick up a few more things before we will be officially ready for his arrival.

We start seeing the doctor every week now and Mommy is getting a little anxious to meet our little guy! Most of the time first babies come late but we aren't discounting the possibility that he could really come any day now. We definitely are wanting to make it to 37 weeks so that he is good and healthy but after that we will be walking and stretching and all those fun things to encourage Josh to come out and meet us!

This week we had 2 very special visitors. Josh's Gigi and Auntie from Charlotte drove down to spend a couple of days with us and to attend Josh's baby shower. It was such a special time and we loved every minute! Next time we see them our boy will be here...um WHAT?!?

Jon and I toured the hospital and made sure all of our paperwork was in order. That was a HUGE thing on our list to do and I am so glad to check it off! We absolutely love the hospital we are going to be at and it's super close (definitely a comfort to me!) It was surreal walking through the hallways, looking at the birthing suites and nursery and knowing that the next time we set foot in that hospital will be because Josh is on his way! Again...WHAT?!?

We were also blessed with the BEST baby shower in the world this week! I honestly loved every minute and detail about my shower and had such a great time! Our friends Hilary, Kelly and my mom worked so hard to prepare for it and we were so blessed! We got so many cute and useful things and I'm already doing baby laundry and getting his "area" in our room all set up. So fun! Here are some pics from the shower (and me and Josh at 36 weeks!)


Baby shower at Downtown Credo!

Onesie and bib decorating!

Gigi making something for Josh

Delicious gluten free cupcakes!

One of the decorated bibs

One of my favorite onesies

My friend Jessica made this adorable owl hat for Josh

Caroline and Katie were my little helpers

Love these ladies! Thanks Hilary and Kelly for a great shower!

Josh and Mommy with his Mimi and Gigi!

36 weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! I am having a very good time going through such posts now days. I am looking for the perfect idea for having a baby shower for my sister. I found some nice event venues as well for the day. I hope I am able to manage everything nicely.

    ReplyDelete