Monday, July 8, 2013

Full-term Joshua

We have reached 37 weeks which is considered "full-term!" It could still be a few weeks before Joshua makes his big debut but I can safely go into labor anytime now! We are definitely praying he comes a little early because Momma is getting a little anxious!

This week we were able to finish getting all of our Josh stuff ready to go! I've washed all of his laundry and blankets and his little clothes are all organized in our closet. His cradle is set in our room, we are stocked on diapers and wipes, and we bought his carseat and stroller! We have a LOT of stuff but are excited to put it all to good use!

We had a relaxing 4th of July weekend and enjoyed some time at the beach. I also led worship at our church for the last time until after Josh gets here. I prayed really hard that I wouldn't go into labor while singing. Josh still moves and grooves a lot when there is music playing! He's pivoting and pushing out a lot more now since he doesn't have as much room to wiggle around. He's still pretty high up and continues to push on my ribs a lot. Starting to be pretty painful sometimes!

Mom and Josh leading worship at 37 weeks
I'm now going to weekly doctor appointments! This is definitely the home stretch! At each appointment  they are measuring me, determining how low Josh is, and seeing if I'm making any progress with dilation and effacement. I'm starting to feel contractions here and there and lots of pressure as Josh makes his way down, but that could continue for a few weeks before real labor happens. At my appointment this week the doctor ordered a sonogram to see how big Josh is. I'm measuring on the small but still normal side but my blood pressure has been climbing recently so she wants to make sure everything is ok. She also said that she's predicting he will probably come early (fine by me!) but we will know more after our ultrasound next week.

Here's a picture of mom and Josh at 37 weeks (full term baby!)

I feel like I have a watermelon under my shirt!


1 comment:

  1. That watermelon picture is just hilarious :) May the last few weeks go by quickly and may grace and peace abound!

    ReplyDelete