Wednesday, July 17, 2013

38 Weeks

Well here we are only a short 2 weeks (now a week and a half) away from our Joshua's due date! For the most part, this pregnancy has really flown by and I can't believe we are at the end! Of course those first few weeks were rough being so sick, and I'm now feeling anxious and uncomfortable but the months in between were wonderful! We are so eager to meet our little boy and finally hold him in our arms!

This past week went really well. Jon and I went out on a date (which was wonderful!), all of Joshua's things are set and ready, and I started walking every day to try and get him out!

We also had a sonogram the other day to check his size and measurements! It was so fun getting to see him again! Our doctor said everything looks perfect and he's measuring at 38 weeks and 4 days. We probably have a bit of a chubby boy on our hands! He weighed in between 7.4-8.4 lbs but it's still anyone's guess at this point. We got to see his cute little cheeks, nose, lips, hands and feet and checked to make sure all of his organs are there (they are!)

Mommy is gradually making progress and our doctor said we are going to push for delivery next week (!) I go back on Monday to see where I'm at and then we will make a final decision. I can't believe he might be here by this time next week! Until we know for sure, Jon and I are going to enjoy these final few days as a family of 2.

Here are some pictures from our week!

Out with my man for a fabulous date night! 

Getting ready to go walk!

How far along: 38 weeks + 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: + 28 lbs (holy moly!! But I didn't gain any weight this week in between appointments so hopefully I'm done!)
Maternity clothes: I'm really wearing whatever fits at this point! Some maternity clothes and also gym shorts and Jon's tshirts :)
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleep is hit or miss. It's very uncomfortable to roll from side to side now and I'm up at least twice. I am able to take a 1-2 hour nap during the day though and am definitely enjoying those while they last!
Best moment this week: Date with my hubby and seeing our boy!
Miss anything: Comfortable sleep and normal sized feet (although they are better this week)
Movement: He is still moving a lot! I definitely feel movement lower but he still digs his feet into my ribs a lot!
Food cravings: The other night in the grocery store when we walked by the popsicles I immediately wanted one. Other than that I'm just enjoying food :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn sometimes and a couple of nights of bad cramping/contractions.
Have you started to show yet: Ooooooh yes! I look like I'm going to pop any day now!
Gender: Baby Boy!
Labor Signs: I'm feeling occasional contractions and getting cramps every day. 
Symptoms: Heartburn, swollen feet/ankles
Belly button in or out: Out
Wedding rings on or off: Had to take my rings off :( My fingers are just swollen enough to wear my rings are uncomfortable and tight.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! Although I'm definitely getting anxious and excited!
Looking forward to: Our final days as a family of 2 and (hopefully) celebrating Josh's birthday next week!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how fast the time has gone! I am so happy that Josh and Winnie will be so close in age. They'll be good friends for sure :). Your Gigi, Pop-pop and Aunt Mini-Moo can't wait to meet you Joshua Holt!! We'll be praying xtra for you 3 this week!!

    ReplyDelete