Thursday, May 30, 2013

31 Weeks

Only 9 weeks (hopefully) to go until Joshua Holt arrives! I can't believe how soon that is! He is the size of a pineapple (15 - 16.5 inches) and probably weighs about 2.5 - 3.5 pounds by now! His little brain is forming wrinkles, and his skin is getting smoother as fat develops. He's now strong enough to grasp a finger! So sweet!

I had an appointment with my doctor last week and Josh looks good! My belly measured at 29 cm and his heartbeat was a strong 156 (which it has been for the past couple of appointments). The only bummer news is that I failed my 1 hour glucose test (by only 5 points!) so I had to do the dreaded 3 hour test. For those of you who have done the 3 hour I am SO SORRY! It definitely isn't fun to chug double the amount of that glucose drink on an empty stomach and then have blood drawn 4 times. Not to mention waiting around in the lab for 4 hours. The first hour was kinda rough but after that Josh and I did pretty well. We were grateful when it was all over and got to eat!

Josh continues to be our little power kicker! Right now his head is slightly down but not all the way yet. He constantly moves and rolls and jabs so I'm sure his position changes. My ribs are definitely getting a beating :) Daddy has been able to feel him push out a lot and he's also felt Josh's little hiccups. They're so cute!

Mommy is finding it harder to breathe and bend over these days. Singing on Sunday mornings is getting difficult as well between not being able to support as much and having an alien kick my ribs and roll around. I'm glad Josh likes music though! I haven't had any swelling or stretch marks so far (yay!) but have started to get leg and foot cramps pretty frequently, especially at night while sleeping. My heartburn has gotten worse over the past week so I'm trying a few different things to manage that. Although most people keep telling me that the only way to get rid of it is to give birth! I've been able to cook a few dinners each week (much to Jon's delight). I've also been craving homemade baked things like coffee cake and muffins so I've been making those occasionally (again much to Jon's delight!)

Here's a picture of Joshua and Mommy at 31 weeks followed by some pics of Josh from our 3D ultrasound last week!


Sleepy little face

He kept putting his hands over his face

Our sweet boy!


How far along: 31 weeks + 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: + 15 lbs (probably more!)
Maternity clothes: I bought some maternity shorts which I'm loving! Definitely need shorts for the hot summer coming up!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleep has been hit or miss. I always wake up at least once and lately heartburn has been waking me up/keeping me awake.
Best moment this week: Getting to see our little guy on a 3D ultrasound!
Miss anything: This week I've missed sleep!  
Movement: Lots of movement! He rolls and jabs and gets the hiccups at least once a day.
Food cravings: Apple juice! And baked things like cake and cookies, which I'm trying to stay away from! Also watermelon this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn is getting to the point of making me feel like I'm going to throw up, but otherwise I'm doing pretty good with food.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I feel SO big! Can barely see my toes!
Gender: Sweet little BOY!
Labor Signs: None that I can tell!
Symptoms: Heartburn!!! Foot cramps and overall "pressure"
Belly button in or out: Officially an outie now!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and occasionally anxious when I start thinking about labor and delivery!
Looking forward to: Our maternity pictures and baby shower (happening next month)


1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying the heartburn ceases! I just had all the pictures copied and will send them this weekend-Lord willing :). 9 weeks till we meet our Josh!!! Yay!
    Love you!! MomG <3

    ReplyDelete