Wednesday, May 1, 2013

27 Weeks

Well it's about time to say goodbye to my 2nd trimester! I honestly can't believe how quickly this trimester has passed. The first trimester seemed to drag on and on because I wasn't able to do anything but lay on the couch and throw up! But once the second came along I gradually had more energy and was able to get back to "normal" so that definitely made time go by faster. Now, here we are 13 weeks away from due day! I can't believe our little nugget will be here so soon!

This week I'm finishing up my last week at work and then Jon and I are taking a 9 day "staycation" where we will be able to relax at home and do some fun things around Orlando together. We are SO excited about what we have planned and it will be nice to spend this time together before Joshua comes.

Joshua is continuing to develop and is putting on little chubby baby fat now that most of his organs are fully functioning (isn't that crazy!) He is roughly 2 pounds and on his way to being the size of an eggplant! He is practicing breathing and preparing his lungs for when he's outside the womb, his eyes are starting to open, and he is my little wiggle worm! I feel him kicking and stretching throughout the day. His kicks make my whole belly move and he's pushing out body parts, but I can't always tell what they are. Yesterday was the first time I've felt him kick me in the ribs. Ha! That was fun! It didn't really hurt but it DID feel weird and tickled a little.

Here's a picture and update!




How far along: 27 weeks + 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: + 12 lbs
Maternity clothes: I got a few more shirts and some dresses for the HOT summer we will be having. I need to get a new bathing suit as well for our beach trips soon!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleep has been better the past week. I wake up once around 2-3 am for a bathroom trip and sometimes I need water or food at that point too. But I'm able to go back to sleep usually.
Best moment this week: Hearing his heartbeat and movement through a stethoscope! 
Miss anything: This week I've missed sleep!  
Movement: Lots of movement! I feel him the most when I wake up in the morning and after I eat. 
Food cravings: Still craving cold stuff (italian ice, slurpees, etc). Pretty sure the Florida heat is contributing to that! I also crave Starbucks green tea lemonade EVERY.DAY.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. I have moments of feeling queasy, especially if my stomach is empty and he's kicking me hard. But overall I'm doing well with smells and food.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I feel SO big! Can barely see my toes!
Gender: Sweet little BOY!
Labor Signs: I'm starting to feel little sharp twinges all over my belly throughout the day. It literally feels like someone is pinching me from the inside. Not sure if those are Braxton Hicks or not but they don't last long.
Symptoms: Heartburn!!! I finally got some Pepcid AC to try and manage it. Tums weren't cutting it anymore!
Belly button in or out: Just the top part is out but it hasn't popped out quite yet.
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I haven't had any meltdowns for a couple weeks (which I know my husband appreciates!)
Looking forward to: Our babymoon "staycation" and my baby shower next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment