Monday, May 13, 2013

The Beginning of the End

Well we've made it to the 3rd and final trimester! I can't even begin to tell you how quickly the 2nd trimester went! I feel like I'm still only 20 weeks! I know this final stretch won't go as quickly but it's still hard to believe that our little guy will be here in about 11 weeks!

Jon and I had a great babymoon staycation this past week (another post on that later) and I'm officially done with my job at my dad's office. I'm really looking forward to getting the apartment in order and spending my days preparing for our little man child over the next 2 months.

This week I'm 29 weeks (!) and Joshua is about the size of an acorn squash. He's a wild child in there! I feel him moving constantly. There are occasional breaks but I swear he doesn't sleep much. I feel him favoring my right side the most and he's jabbing my ribs now. He likes to roll as well and is always active when music is playing (especially at church!) Over the past couple of weeks he has started opening his eyes (can't wait to see if they will be brown like Mommy or blue like Daddy!), he's storing fat (c'mon chubs!), and his lungs are now mature enough that if he were born now he could probably breathe on his own. Still, we want him to bake in there for a while longer!

We are planning on having a 4D Ultrasound sometime next week to check on our boy. I can't wait to see how he's changed and developed! I'm hoping we get some really good shots!

Mommy is feeling pretty good but definitely feel a dramatic change in my energy. I'm not sleeping super well (usually up once or twice at night) and am waking up fairly early so by 10:30 I'm ready for a nap! (and I plan on taking some!) It's definitely getting harder to breathe as Joshua is crowding out my lungs and bending over to put socks or other shoes on is difficult also. Last week I started feeling really tight/crampy pain in my belly every so often. I've heard Braxton Hicks aren't supposed to hurt so I'm not sure if that's what it was but I drank lots of water and laid down for a while and they went away. I'm still having some heartburn and my feet and legs will cramp occasionally as well. I did my glucose test last week (it wasn't too terrible) and I'm praying that I don't have to do it again! I've been working on filling out our hospital forms and trying to decide on a pediatrician. Can't wait too long!

Here's some pictures and update from the past 2 weeks! Babymoon post coming later this week!

28 weeks at Siesta Key Beach


29 weeks at Seasons 52



How far along: 29 weeks + 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: + 15 lbs (steadily gaining about 1 pound per week!)
Maternity clothes: Yes! I need to get some shorts for the summer heat and I'm loving maxi dresses at the moment!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sleep has been difficult the past couple weeks. Getting more uncomfortable and waking up at least once in the middle of the night.
Best moment this week: Enjoying a relaxing vacation with my hubby!
Miss anything: Being able to take a deep breath and bend over without discomfort!
Movement: We've got a wild boy on our hands! He moves quite a bit and pushes out and rolls all around. It's fun to feel but uncomfortable when he gets near my ribs!
Food cravings: I'm still loving salad and ranch dressing. I crave non-healthy things too though!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. I have moments of feeling queasy, especially if my stomach is empty and he's kicking me hard. But overall I'm doing well with smells and food.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I feel SO big! Can barely see my toes!
Gender: Sweet little BOY!
Labor Signs: Maybe some occasional Braxton Hicks but I'm not sure. Occasional back pain as well which could just be from the weight gain. 
Symptoms: Heartburn, leg/foot cramps, headaches and getting uncomfortable
Belly button in or out: My belly button just can't decide if it wants to be out all the way! When I'm full and start laughing I can feel it pop out all the way but mostly just the top part is out.
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! I still get emotional during movies/shows though!
Looking forward to: Our 4D sonogram next week!

2 comments:

  1. You are ridiculously adorable. PREGNANT. in a BATHING SUIT. What?! Check out that stinkin cute hat!! ugh. love you.

    Love hearing about your and mr. joshua's progress; can't wait to meet him!! Congratulations on surviving the entire 2nd Trimester and arriving in the 3rd!

    PLEASE post pics of the 4D sonogram; I want to see his cute face!

    Love to the Browns. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Julie,
    Such adorable pics. I wanted to let you know I've given you an award for your blog. You can read all about it by clicking this link: http://bit.ly/16vW3bY
    Love you,
    Debi

    ReplyDelete