Friday, August 1, 2014

Happy Birthday Josh!

Well, it happened. I couldn't stop it not matter how much I remained in denial.

Our little boy turned one.

I really am happy he's growing up. This is such a fun age right now and I love how interactive he is. But I'm allowed to be a little LOT sentimental right? I mean it feels like just yesterday I was holding this little seven pound peanut in my arms trying to wrap my head around the fact that he was finally here. And now he's walking, talking, feeding himself...and it's hard not to say "no fair...I didn't get any time to enjoy the littleness!"

I was majorly sentimental on his birthday-eve. I looked through his newborn pictures and all of his month by month shots just gawking at how much he has grown and changed. I cried while rocking him to sleep...overwhelmed with the thought that God would give such a precious gift to us. Being a mom is the greatest and hardest thing I've ever done...and I wouldn't want to be doing anything else.

Josh's birthday was a super fun day and I wasn't sad at all! We are having a big hooplah birthday party next week but we took some time to celebrate on his actual birthday too. Josh had no idea it was unlike any other day of course, but there's something so special in celebrating your first child's first birthday. We won't ever have that again...and we made some very fun memories!


After our morning diaper change and bottle I filled Josh's crib with balloons and let him play. He would've done this all day if I let him. So fun!




We then tried eggs for breakfast. He wasn't a fan and spit them right out!

Trying to take our last monthly update picture. Most of them looked like this because he would NOT lay still

Birthday cake-pop from Starbucks! 

 After daddy got home from work we had a family dinner (spaghetti for the first time!) 



Absolutely LOVED it!

Of course we had to have dessert! We sang and cheered...and Josh never took his eyes off that cupcake


And so begins the progression of the cupcake being absolutely demolished...













All done!

No wait...there's more on my hands!

And on the tray!

Can I have another puh-lease?!?

Off to the bath!


Happy Birthday Josh! You have made us gloriously happy and we are so proud to be your Mommy and Daddy. You are the answer to so many of our prayers and we couldn't ask for a sweeter boy than you! We love you forever Sugarbear and are so excited you are 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment