Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Crockpot Balsamic Chicken

I know this blog has quickly become more of an outlet to share photos of my cute son (and honestly I'm not one bit sorry for that), but I DO promise I'm still working on recipes! Here's a new one I tried out last night. The prep was fast, and the husband and I really enjoyed it. He said it smelled like garlic bread...the really sinful kind you get at italian restaurants slathered in butter and herbs. Heavenly. This would be really easy to prep and then throw in the freezer until you're ready to cook it. With summer coming to an end and a busy school year approaching (did I mention I'm homeschooling my 4th grade sister, teaching piano lessons AND coaching cheerleading?) I am looking for fast and easy meals. This one was a winner!

What you need (recipe adapted from paleoaholic.com)

 - 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (you could use breasts or even tenderloins too)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 C coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper (not pictured)



Directions

- Put the diced onion, minced garlic and coconut oil in the bottom of the crock pot


- Mix together your spices (I used seasoned salt and lemon pepper instead of regular)


- Add your herb mixture to the balsamic vinegar


- Place chicken in the crockpot and pour balsamic mixture over the top


- Cook on low for 5 hours (my chicken thighs were frozen. If using thawed cook for 4 hours)



My sweet boys playing together while I cook

- Serve the chicken, making sure to spoon a bit of the sauce over the top! I served ours with a side of sauteed broccoli. This was enough for dinner and lunch leftovers the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment