Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend

What a joy, honor and privilege to celebrate my first mother's day this year! My two men spoiled me rotten and forbid me from cooking and cleaning all weekend long. It was delightful!

On Saturday we spent the morning relaxing and playing and then we took a trip to the Charlotte Fair! It was super fun, except we got rained on. But...daddy won a toy for Josh and mommy got some cotton candy (all diets are off on M Day weekend of course!) Josh had fun taking in the sites and sounds and seeing the animals.


Ready to get our tickets! 

Daddy won this toy for me!
Mmmmm
Saying hi to the goats!
So much fun!
One of our favorites for dinner! 



On Sunday (Mother's Day) I got to sleep in (!!!) and had Starbucks delivered to me by my boys. We spent the afternoon at the Brown's and had a delicious lunch and played a fun family game. Later that night we got Carrabba's for dinner and Jon surprised me with a gift certificate for my first ever massage later the next week. So awesome! Josh's gift to me was learning his "M" sound and saying "mamamama" over and over! (video below)

My favorite boys in the whole world!

Delicious dinner!
So grateful to be this boy's mama


Here's Josh and his new trick. He said it for about a week and has since stopped and moved on to other fun sounds. I know it will come back around but in the meantime I'm glad I have this video!


No comments:

Post a Comment