Friday, May 2, 2014

Easter Trip to Florida

We recently made our way down to Orlando for Easter weekend with the VanLue clan. We planned on staying 4 days...but plans don't always happen as we have come to learn. My grandpa passed away over Easter weekend after a painful struggle with cancer. I am so grateful we were able to see him before he went to be with Jesus, and what a celebration our Easter was knowing grandpa was spending it in heaven!

Because of his passing, we ended up extending our trip so we could attend the funeral and be with family a bit longer. I am so glad we did! A weekend is just never long enough with my family so I was grateful for the extra time, despite the sad circumstances. Jon and I were able to sing/play at my grandpa's funeral which was such an honor. We also were part of the Easter Sunday worship team at Grace and witnessed many people come to Christ. Awesome!

And of course, no Easter would be complete without a family hoop-de-doo egg hunt and party! We never do anything understated which is one of my favorite things about us VanLue's. We had 30 + people this year and it was crazy, hectic, loud and FUN!

We finished the week off by attending Kristin and Katie's state gymnastics meet in Daytona Beach. So fun watching the girls compete! Josh liked watching all the flips too!

Here's our trip in pictures :)


Mimi's boy!
Josh and Roxie sharing breakfast - classic
Eyes that melt my heart
Tickles with dada

Josh loved Leni's hexbugs

Can you see the spit up on cousin Cade? "I'm used to it" was his response. Love him!

Peek - a - boo Katie!

Good Friday service with 6 littles
7 Easter baskets to fill this year!

Easter worship at Grace Orlando
Wubba and his ladies all ready for church

Josh loves his Aunties!
I know he's not smiling in this one...but the shoes!!


Happy Easter from the Brown's!
Josh opening his Easter basket
Josh and cousin Mollie

Mollie wanted the Wubba

Josh's basket from Mimi and Gamps

The Easter spread

All the kiddos ready for the egg hunt to begin!

Caroline found a golden egg!

Mollie Bear huntin' dem eggs

The aftermath...oy

Josh and Uncle Jason

He's a funny guy

Visiting our buddy Silas!

Wubba and Mei Mei


"Helping" Gamps do his planks

My favorite pic of my boys

Hee hee hee

Oh hey Gamps!

Kristin getting a pep talk at her gymnastic meet
Mighty Mouse!
Sistahs...it's what we do
Josh wanted to try to flip like Kris and Katie too!

No comments:

Post a Comment