Saturday, November 9, 2013

Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers

Can you believe I'm actually posting a recipe?!? I haven't been trying any new recipes lately mainly because I don't have time to sit and look up new ones to try in the midst of keeping my 3 month old alive and moving to our new house in Charlotte. But...I made this the other night and it was good enough to share! Next time I think I will add some red pepper flakes for some spice and maybe try to "doctor up" the meat a little more, but for a first time new recipe it was great! And the husband really enjoyed it as well which is always a good thing!

Please forgive me for not taking as many pictures as I normally do with recipes. My reasons for the lacking photos...see above.


What you need (no picture - because well...see above)

- 4 green bell peppers, cut in half with seeds and ribs removed
- 1.5 lb deli sliced roast beef
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 T butter
- 4 T coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste


Directions

- Preheat oven to 400 degrees

- In a large skillet or dutch oven, heat the butter and oil over medium-low heat

- Add the onions and garlic and sautee until caramelized, about 30 minutes. You'll want to stir them often to keep from sticking


- Once the onions have caramelized, add in the roast beef and cook an additional 5 minutes to let the flavors combine. Add salt and pepper to taste



- Line each pepper half with a piece of provolone cheese

- Fill each pepper half with the beef/onion mixture and top with another piece of cheese




- Arrange peppers in a casserole dish and bake 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese becomes golden and bubbly



- Serve and enjoy!

I served ours with white rice and we enjoyed cutting up the peppers and mixing it all together!


More new recipes coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea- I'll have to try since I'm a Philly girl at heart and so miss cheese steaks :)

    ReplyDelete