Wednesday, January 23, 2013

We have some NEWS!

Hi everyone! I am so sorry I've neglected this little blog for so long! I do have a GREAT reason though! (Or at least I think it's great!)


WE ARE PREGNANT!!!!


Our first baby is expected to arrive sometime in late July/early August and we couldn't be more excited! This is truly a miracle for us and a long awaited gift from God!

So hopefully that explains why I haven't been in the kitchen lately! We found out when I was about 6 weeks along (early December) and I felt GREAT until week 8. Then nausea and all day sickness (whoever named it "morning" sickness is a moron) hit and I could barely get out of bed most days. I tried everything from sea bands, pregnancy lollipops and ginger drops and never knew if what I managed to eat would come back up. We took a trip to Charlotte, NC to see my husband's family for Christmas and to tell them the news! My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are also expecting so these little cousins will be about 2 months apart (SO FUN!) The trip was rough and I spent most of it on the couch, away from the smells of the kitchen and a trash can always handy! My poor husband will get many, many jewels in his crown for the ways he took care of me and served me.

I am slowly but surely (fingers crossed!) starting to feel better. I am 13 weeks today and well on my way to the glorious 2nd trimester! We won't have another sonogram for about a month (when we find out the gender!) but we will hear the heartbeat for the 3rd time next week! I can't wait!

Obviously I have not been in the kitchen lately, but I DO have some recipes to share with you from Thanksgiving and my Freezer Cooking Day! Now that I am able to look at photos of food again as soon as I sort out the pictures and get organized I will put them up for you I promise. In the meantime, enjoy these pictures from some of the most exciting days of our life!

This is the only "belly picture" we have so far. I was too sick to stand for the others. We will get back on track soon!
The day first tested I took 6 tests just to be sure! They were ALL positive!

SHOCKED!

Had our first sonogram at 8 weeks. There's a little babe in there!

Due August 1st!

This is how I made the 10 hour drive to Charlotte. Laying down in the backseat with a trash can.

We wrapped these up as "Christmas gifts" for Jon's family to tell them our news!


Announcing Baby Brown!




2 comments:

  1. REJOICE!! Rejoice!

    So wonderful and exciting. You will be a great mommy.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are sooooo excited!!!!! God is so good...so faithful!!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete