Monday, April 8, 2013

Weeks 23 and 24

So I'm a little behind on posting this so I decided to combine weeks 23 and 24. I'll try to be better about updating each week (and taking a picture).

Our little dude is about the size of a cantaloupe now! I definitely know he's growing in there because his movements are stronger and more pronounced. I've only seen him push out once but I can see kicks more and more. Jon is able to feel him all the time and both of my parents got to feel him this past week as well! He's moving all over now but still seems to like my left side the most. The other night while watching Batman I felt him do a roll from one side of my belly to the other. It was so cool! He's definitely a little copy of daddy already enjoying the superhero movies!

Jon and I also went out and registered for most everything this weekend. My goal was to pick out all the bigger items (crib, stroller, car seat, packnplay, bouncer) and we got all of that and then some! It was SO much fun picking out things for our little guy!

Registering at Target. I love the scanner gun!


I had another checkup the other day, my first since finding out he was a boy. Everything looked good! Our little man is making mommy fat (I've gained 10 pounds so far) and they started measuring my belly. I'm at 22 cm which is on the smaller side for being 24 weeks but they said as long as you are within 2 cm of your week that it's nothing to worry about. For now I'll enjoy the "smaller" part because I'm sure that won't last for too much longer! Other good news is that my blood pressure is normal (it has been high each time I've gone in) so I'm really relieved about that as well. I'll do my glucose tolerance test at my next appointment in May (yuck) so here's to hoping I'm gestational diabetes free!

The past two weeks I've been feeling pretty good except for some really painful back and rib pains. Sometimes they last all day and other times they are come and go. Yesterday I was in so much pain that I couldn't sleep and ended up staying home from church. Tylenol and a heating pad helped some though! My doctor said it's all totally normal and especially since this is my first pregnancy, everything has to be stretched for him to continue growing. So, it's a good sign but OUCH!

Here's me and the Josh man at 24 weeks (yesterday):








How far along: 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + 10 lbs
Maternity clothes: I'm wearing my maternity jeans all the time now and I also bought a maxi skirt and am still trying to make most of my shirts work. I'm going to have to get some bigger ones soon though!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: I'm still waking up usually once but it's more if I have back or rib pain. Sometimes I can't go back to sleep until I eat and drink something. 
Best moment this week: Hearing Josh's heartbeat again and having fun registering with Jon.
Miss anything: I've really missed steaming hot baths this week! 
Movement: Lots! Some days I feel him more than others but he's usually really active when I first wake up and when I'm about to go to bed.
Food cravings: Not really anything in particular this week. Although the past couple days I've had a hankering for Italian Ice!
Anything making you queasy or sick: As long as I eat consistently I usually do fine. I ate eggs the other day for the first time since being pregnant! (not my favorite but they went down!)
Have you started to show yet: Yes! 
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: Rib, back and hip pain, some abdominal crampy feelings, and heartburn. 
Belly button in or out: In but stretching!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy mostly, but I still have moments where I'll randomly cry at something sweet on tv or if I don't feel well I get pretty moody. My poor husband!
Looking forward to: Finishing our registries and planning our babymoon!

1 comment:

  1. We can't wait to meet Josh!! You look fabulous Julie!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete