Thursday, April 12, 2012

Honey Bun Cake

Hey everyone!
I have a great recipe from Easter to share with you today! My cousin sent this to me and I needed something fast and easy for an Easter dessert so I decided to try it. It was a huge hit! I forgot to take pictures when I made it (sorry!) but it is SO easy that you won't need the step by step shots. Here's what you need!

What you need
- 1 box gluten free yellow cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 1 C sour cream (you could use low fat if you want but I used regular)
- 1/4 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 C oil (I used coconut, just make sure it stays melted!)
- 3 eggs
- 2 T milk (I used almond)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/4 C honey
- 1/3 C packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix, sour cream, pudding, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Beat with a mixer on medium-low speed until combined
- Pour batter into a greased 13x9 cake pan
- Drizzle on the honey (Tip - if you lightly spray the measuring cup you're using for the honey before you measure it, the honey will slide right out!)
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar and cinnamon
- With a knife, gently swirl the batter to that the topping marbles throughout the batter
- Bake for 35 minutes
- Let cool, cut into squares and serve! It was really delicious! This would be really good for a brunch as well. Tasted like a cinnamon coffee cake!

Here's what the finished product should look like!




No comments:

Post a Comment