Sunday, February 2, 2014

Game Day Appetizers

Happy Superbowl Sunday!

I'm really a big superbowl (or football in general) fanatic but we enjoy watching it and have a party to go to tonight. I thought in case any of you are looking for some last minute easy (and yummy) appetizers to take with you to a superbowl party (or just have at home) I'd post a couple. The first is my always requested bacon wrapped smokies - aka "bacon babies" that I posted a year ago and the second is a yummy 5 minute cheese ball. Enjoy!


"Bacon Babies" 

- 2 packages beef little smokie sausages
- 1 package nitrate free bacon, cut crosswise into thirds
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar (you won't use it all)
- 4 T chili powder (trust me)










Directions

- Mix together the brown sugar and chili powder in a bowl

- Wrap each sausage in a piece of bacon and secure with toothpick

- Roll each sausage bundle liberally in the brown sugar mixture

- Bake on a baking sheet (or broiler pan and rack) at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until bacon is slightly crispy

- Serve and watch them disappear!



5 minute Cheese Ball


- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz Kaukauna Port Wine cheese spread
- 1/2 C chopped pecans



Directions

- In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and Kaukauna cheese together. I sprayed my hands with cooking spray and did this with my hands. Form mixture into a ball.




- Roll the cheese ball in the chopped pecans



- Put in freezer for 1 minute to solidify

- Put in the center of a plate and serve with GF crackers (vegetables would be good too!)




Happy snacking!

No comments:

Post a Comment