Friday, January 10, 2014

Downtown Disney and the Pox Continues

The rest of the week after Christmas was filled with pox, pox and more pox. Jon kept breaking out for a couple days as well as fever, vomiting, dizziness and just feeling pretty darn awful. I will never forget sitting by him and putting a straw into his mouth just so he didn't have to move to drink water. It was terrible. I've never seen him that sick and hope I never have to again! I continued to take care of him and juggle taking care of Josh (SO thankful this all happened while at home with my doctor dad and mom who doesn't let anything phase her as well as my sisters who kept Josh VERY entertained!) and by the weekend Jon was able to sit up and eat…well if you count applesauce as eating.

Adult chicken pox is like 100 times worse than chicken pox as a kid. Jon might say it's 1000 times worse. Just to give you an example of how bad it was…here's a picture of my sweet pox covered husband.
Yeah…this was right before it got really bad

Just looking at this makes me itchy
Pretty much my reaction too

My job was to disinfect e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g

 After a weekend filled with applesauce, water, gatorade, oatmeal baths and lots of sleep for Jon he was feeling better but still VERY contagious and under strict confinement. He was luckily able to work remotely and his bosses told him to stay very far away under the doctor declared him well again.

I on the other hand needed to get out of the house…and so did everyone else. So…we made sure the patient would be ok on his own for a while and we fled the coop on New Year's Eve. A trip to Downtown Disney for Wolfgang Puck's tortilla soup, a boat ride over to Port Orleans Resort for Beignets, and lots of shopping and Wubba's first carousel ride was just what the doctor ordered for the pox less people. It was SUCH a fun day! (So sad Jon had to miss it!) Here's some pictures!






































No comments:

Post a Comment