Monday, March 11, 2013

20 Weeks!

We've made it halfway! I can't believe it! I'm still adjusting to the fact that we are having a little BOY! The husband is already looking forward to taking him to basketball games and teaching him about fantasy football. I'm looking forward to learning how to raise a boy! My sweet mother-in-law, or Gigi as she will be known to Josh, sent us some great boy supplies this week including a book with instructions on how to build paper airplanes, how to hunt, and how to deal with girls! I'll definitely be doing some reading before Joshua comes!


My 25th birthday was this past week so the hubby took us out for a fantastic steak dinner (Josh LOVES steak) and tickets to see Wicked! We had a fabulous time and Josh wiggled around a lot during the show. I think he likes music already!

The hubby and I (and Joshua) at Wicked!

And here's Josh at 20 weeks old! He's now the length of a banana (6.5 inches) and weighs just over 10 oz. This week he's working on swallowing and now has working taste buds! He's moving around in there, although I still don't feel very strong kicks yet, just little flutterings here and there. Some days I feel him a lot and others not very much. I have an anterior placenta currently so that usually makes kicks harder to feel initially. We are looking forward to daddy being able to feel him! 

Hello big belly! Can't suck it in any longer!

How far along: Beginning of 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 6 lbs
Maternity clothes: I haven't bought any yet but I did have to retire my skinny jeans. I've still got one pair of pants that fit really well and I'm using the hair tie trick on the rest!
Stretch marks: None
Sleep: Sometimes great, other nights I'll wake up once or twice
Best moment this week: [And this past week] Seeing Josh (and finding out he is a BOY), going out on a date with my boys, and having enough energy to start spring cleaning the apartment!
Miss anything: I miss my skinny jeans :) Other than feeling large though I feel really good!
Movement: Little flutters and flip flops, but nothing big yet. 
Food cravings: Josh loves beef and Chick Fil A breakfasts! Besides that I'm not really craving anything.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really! (YAY!)
Have you started to show yet: Yep! I can't hide it any longer!
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: None
Symptoms: I'm still getting occasional muscle pain and headaches. Also I get heartburn if I eat anything spicy. Other than that I'm feeling really good! I feel like I have more energy too!
Belly button in or out: In but stretching!
Wedding rings on or off: On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Sooooo happy!!
Looking forward to: Registering, planning his nursery, and having Pop-Pop, Gigi and Aunt Moo here for a visit (Jon's family)!


2 comments:

  1. YAY! We love updates and pictures! We are so happy to hear you're feeling better overall- God is good. We can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
    Love you! Gigi and Aunt Mini Moo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are looking great!!! I love your tiny bump. :) So glad you're feeling better!! <3

    ReplyDelete